Monday, February 2, 2009

Playground proposal badly planned.

Playground at Mountain View

Dear Reader,

The construction of a playground in Mountain View has been tabled. Local residents have communicated their concerns as to the choice of location to me, and I listened. I hereby tender my response.

As a native, it is my opinion that this is a highly unsuitable location to situate said amenity as it will attract into a long established residential area, both undesirable and unnecessary noise, activity and potentially late night anti social behaviour including youth alcohol consumption and related unpleasant disturbance to local residents.

Residents of Mountain View have worked tirelessly in a collective fashion over the years to maintain their green space to a superior standard and this should be respected, not ignored in any new proposals.

Whilst I welcome and I am actively involved in all efforts to construct a long, long, long overdue playground or indeed any amenity for children, I strongly object to it being placed in Mountain View when there are an array of more appropriate alternatives which take into account the needs of local residents in the mentioned estate alongside the needs of our wider community.

We need a large, spacious, well equipped, safe playground and parkland to serve all residents.

Alternatives which comprise of some acreage as oppose to the consumption of a small corner of an already prized green space are available and I will invest my energy into bringing them to our community's attention over the coming period.

I am available to discuss this topic on any form of communication listed below, or better still in person. Name the time and place!

Sincerely yours,

James Carey

Telephone: | Email: james@jamescarey.ie

No comments:

Post a Comment